The EFZN Head Office is a central contact partner for internal and external queries from science, business, politics and the society and is responsible for the joint marketing of the EFZN. It is based on the Energy Campus of the Clausthal University of Technology in Goslar.
In particular, this includes the following activities:
- Acquiring and conducting collaborative projects at national and international level by bundling energy research competences of the five university locations;
- Press and media work for energy research of Lower Saxony, e.g. internet presence, press releases, annual reports, brochures, newsletters;
- Organising and conducting the annual conference series for scientific exchange and networking among all relevant stakeholders for the transformation of the energy system (e.g. Energy Days of Lower Saxony, Göttingen Conference on Current Developments of the Energy Supply System, Dialogue Platform Power-to-Heat);
- Participation in national and international research networks (e.g. Energy Research Network of the BMWi, European research platforms such as European Energy Research Alliance, EERA) and lobby work for energy research of Lower Saxony;
- Organising training and further training for young scientists, e.g. summer and winter schools;
- Preparing of research agendas and cooperation structures in energy research of Lower Saxony (e.g. by compiling overviews and stakeholder maps/databases of the entire state);
- Contact partners (“Think Tank“) for the state government of Lower Saxony in the area of energy research (adhoc enquiries by ministries, provincial parliament, expert hearings etc. on energy matters);
- Regularly holding working meetings to promote networking between EFZN locations as well as scientific exchange between the EFZN lines of research and/or cross-cutting research areas.
The team of the EFZN Head Office consists of the following staff members: